Promises for a leaner side view
So it seems I am an occasional blogger now. What’s the occasion, you might ask? I am becoming increasingly dissatisfied with my appearance. For years I have been telling myself that my weight was hereditary and that it was not that big a deal and I could continue on with my life. But it is exactly that big a deal. I hate mirrors. My new office has a big plate glass window which provides me with a continuous glimpse of myself, full side view. It is not pretty!
What can I do about this dissatisfaction?
- For starter, I have given up on magic pills.
- I am going to start walking everyday.
- I am going to practice portion control.
- I am going to reduce the stress in my life or at least control it better.
- I am going to go outside and use the pool even though I look like a beached whale.
- I will take the stairs when ever possible as long as it is no more then 2 flights. (I don’t what to die trying!)
- I am going to stay out of the kitchen past the dinner hour (unless it’s for a non-calorie drink).
- I am going to stop ordering french fries (This one is hard. I have tried coleslaw and cottage cheese but they just don’t satisfy me.)
- I will stop eating chips at Mexican restaurants (Again this is tough!)
- I will look in the mirror and like the signs of progress I see towards my goal rather than feeling hopeless. (Again this is hard!)
- I will lose weight this summer!!!
(Not quite a 12 step program but 11 is heavenly!)